Everybody sometimes has some ingredients left in the fridge for a while. The challenge here is not cooking; defrosting takes too much time. Do not worry; we’ve got you.
Frozen salmon in air fryer is a must-try recipe to free up space. You can also save it for busy days when you have no time to buy fresh items.
Why Does Frozen Salmon In The Air Fryer Capture Your Heart?
A great plus of the air fryer is that it handles many kinds of frozen foods, including salmon with skin. In other words, the timeout for defrosting is zero.
Home cooks can take fish out of the fridge, season it, and put it straight into the basket. In less than 15 minutes, you have the main course for a filling dinner.
Are you worried about taste? – Let it strip off your feet. Your plate is served a moist and cooked filet with crispy skin. The blend of spices lingers before the finished product comes out.
One minus is that the edges may be slightly scorched. Besides, fish easily stick to the basket if your non-stick coating is not up to standard; thus, taking it out spoils the perfect servings.
You don’t need fresh salmon for a good fry – Source: rawpixel
Frozen Salmon In Air Fryer: Tasty Recipe
- Serving: 1
- Calories: 250 kcal
- Carb: 6g
- Total fat: 11g
- Protein: 30g
- 2-3 pieces of frozen salmon filet (better with skin)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice and honey
- Salt, ground black pepper, garlic powder, and cumin
Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 400 degrees F. Set it aside and start working on the ingredients.
Mix all the spices listed above in a small bowl. For those that do not specify the quantity, adjust to your taste.
Place the salmon in the basket with the skin side down. Set the temperature to about 135 degrees F and let the air fryer work for 6 minutes.
After the first phase, which is meant for defrosting, unlock the equipment and spread the prepared sauce. Fry one more time for 6-8 minutes to cook salmon.
Put the fish straight from the fridge into the air fryer – Source: rawpixel
Plate the fish and serve with some side dishes or sauces of your choice (Some suggestions are below for your preference).
Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness without breaking the texture. Most professional chefs recommend medium cooking at an ideal temperature between 120 and 125 degrees F to retain moisture in the muscle fiber.
Cooking Tips To Nail This Recipe
Beginners in the kitchen have no problem with our recipe. However, you need to know a few tips to prepare for possible trouble in advance and achieve the level of a Michelin serving.
- Atlantic salmon increases the score of the dish due to its fat-rich concentration. This texture also helps minimize the chance of the crust drying out in an air fryer.
- The salmon skin is edible, and it is really tasty. Leaving the skin on is recommended to insulate and moisten the flesh.
- Flipping the filet during frying provides a better appearance and doneness. However, it is not easy to do because salmon is very dedicated. Use a spatula instead of chopsticks or tongs.
- We did not oil the fish or the basket, and everything was fine. However, you can spray a little if you want extra crunch. High-smoke options like avocado, canola, or sunflower oil should stay on the top of your mind.
- The non-stick coating wears off or does not work properly, which is sad news, but it is not a big deal. The problem is solved with aluminum foil or stencils.
A circular paper with some pre-punched holes saves your life in some cases. Feel free to cut a medium piece out of the roll and poke a few spots for air circulation if ready-made ones are unavailable.
- Do not let filets overlap or pile up in the basket. Spread them out in a single layer and leave space between each piece. This arrangement allows hot air to circulate to every nook and cranny and evenly cook your fish. If you prepare for a hearty dinner, divide the ingredients into batches.
- Each air fryer serves a different capacity, so the heat level and cooking time vary. Take our instructions for reference only and often check to avoid burning. In the first stage, open the air fryer 2 minutes before the allotted time has elapsed. Adjust the settings for the remaining period if necessary.
The thickness of the filet determines the cooking time – Source: rawpixel
Variations Of Seasoning
We had an excellent meal with the above marinade, but it does not mean you must stick to it. Be creative! Nothing can stop home chefs from showing off their skills through secret condiments to surprise diners.
Here are some mixes that we have collected for the next attempts.
- Paprika, flour, honey, coconut aminos (may be substituted with soy sauce)
- Dijon consists of brown mustard, white wine, vinegar, water, and salt.
- Honey and maple syrup
- Blackened seasoning or Cajun
- Teriyaki or Gochujang sauce
- Go basic with a few slices of lemon.
What To Serve With Your Salmon Dish?
The great idea is to turn your dinner into a date at a 5-star restaurant. Grilled salmon shines best when it comes with several side dishes. Here is the recommended menu for you:
- Start with drop egg soup to wake up your taste buds. A Mediterranean or Caesar salad bowl never goes off track if you look for a lighter appetizer.
- Grill some asparagus, brussels sprouts, or sweet potatoes and serve with salmon
- Add fiber with pasta pesto or cauliflower/quinoa rice to put a great end to the meal.
Who says you only have fast food for stressful days? Make frozen salmon in air fryer to calm your hunger and reward your hard work. A delicious and nutritious dish in 15 minutes – there is no better treat.