Sweet potatoes are one of those dishes that cannot be ignored regarding snacks. Especially with the cold weather, having a hot, delicious potato in hand is great. But now, women can make their own baked sweet potatoes at home without going to the store.
Moreover, baked sweet potatoes are a delicious dish and contain high nutritional content, which is very good for health. The following article will show you how to cook an air fryer sweet potato and still retain the delicious taste, which can be cooked at home!
To make this dish, the required ingredient is sweet potatoes and another necessary one.
It would help if you chose round or elongated potatoes, healthy in appearance, not bruised or bruised, cracked or chipped. Please do not buy tubers that are too big because they have a lot of fiber, instead; you should choose tubers of the right size; when you pick them up, they feel heavy; squeeze lightly, not too hard.
To eat sweet potatoes, you should choose purple-red tubers with bile stains on the skin. Avoid buying too fresh potatoes because the amount of honey in the potatoes is not much and sweet. Avoid buying potatoes stored in the refrigerator because they quickly wilt.
You should prepare a little more cooking oil to spread on the surface of the potatoes when baking to help the potatoes cook faster.
Next, you have an indispensable air fryer. The air fryer has recently become a familiar kitchen friend for homemakers thanks to its ability to process many simple and convenient dishes. It does not use a lot of fat and harms health. Besides baking sweet potatoes in an air fryer, you can make many other delicious dishes with this appliance!
How To Make Air Fryer Sweet Potato
There are different ways to cook sweet potatoes with an air fryer.
Whole Baked Potato
First, you wash the soil, sand, and dirt on the outside of the potato, then let it drain or dry with absorbent paper.
Next, use a toothpick, sharp stick, or fork to poke around the surface of the potato, and then spread a layer of cooking oil to help the potatoes cook faster and more evenly. Depending on your preference, you can bake whole potatoes or cut them into chunks for easy eating, but leaving them full is best!
After that, you put the potatoes in an oil-free fryer and adjust the temperature to 180°C, baking time for about 20 to 25 minutes, divided into 2 baking times to turn the potatoes over to cook evenly.
When baking is over, use a sharp stick to skewer the potato to check if it’s cooked. Once you see the stick through easily, the potato is cooked and soft; you can take it out and enjoy it immediately!
Baking sweet potatoes in an oil-free fryer is convenient, easy to do, and safe for health. It takes less than 30 minutes, and you have hot, delicious baked potatoes.
Sliced Baked Potato
When the potatoes are drained, use a knife to cut off the top two parts of the potato, then cut all the rest into thin slices. Then, soak in cold salt water for 15 minutes to completely remove the plastic in the potatoes. At the same time, when fried, the potatoes will be much more crispy. Use paper towels to dry the potatoes to begin the next step.
If you want to feel more fleshy when eating, don’t forget to spread butter on the potatoes! Or there is no need; you can skip this step. Use a spoon or spatula to spread butter on both sides of the potato slices and place them on a plate lined with parchment paper first.
Before you put the potatoes in the:
- Spread a thin layer of oil inside the fryer to make the potatoes crisp after baking.
- Arrange the buttered sweet potato slices in the air fryer.
- Set the temperature to 180 degrees Celsius for about 20 minutes to bake the potatoes.
- Try skewering the potatoes with a sharp toothpick to see if they are cooked.
Why Do We Choose Air Fryers For Sweet Potatoes?
The air fryer uses Rapid Air technology with multi-directional hot air to create an enclosed space with a stable temperature to help sweet potatoes cook evenly. Regardless of the size of the potato, long or short, with this amount of heat, the potatoes will still be baked to perfection.
All current oil-free fryers can meet the family’s potato-baking needs. Not only that, the way to bake sweet potatoes in an oil-free fryer is extremely simple. In just 30 minutes, you can have a plate of hot, crispy sweet potatoes right away!
Some Notes When Making Air Fryer Sweet Potato
- You should preheat the fryer for about 3 minutes at a temperature of 100 – 150 degrees Celsius so that the food is delicious and cooked more evenly.
- To prevent sweet potatoes from sticking together after baking, you can put a layer of paper on the bottom of the plate and then arrange the potatoes on top.
- Depending on the type of fryer, it will have its capacity. The appropriate power for baking potatoes is Medium or High. Depending on the fryer’s capacity, the time, the temperature, and the number of potatoes you put in, the potatoes will cook quickly or slowly. However, to ensure that all potatoes are cooked evenly, you should carefully observe the fryer’s operation.
- After the cooker completes the program, wait 10 minutes for the heat to dissipate, then remove the tray to avoid burns.
Thanks to the above instructions, you certainly know how to make an air fryer sweet potato. You will have a delicious and nutritious snack with just a few simple steps. I hope you are successful.
- Cuisinart TOA-95 Review: Large Digital AirFryer Toaster Oven - May 3, 2023
- How To Preheat Cuisinart Air Fryer Toaster Oven? - March 15, 2023
- Beef Short Ribs Air Fryer Recipe: Easy And Delicious - February 26, 2023