As an Amazon Associate, CookGator earn from qualifying purchases.
Are you a devoted dessert lover? Then trying Southwestern cuisines is a must; and among thousands of mouth-watering dishes, corn muffins stand out the most. The strong, sweet, and incredibly tender aroma leaves behind a one-of-a-kind impression forgotten by none!
And unlike some Northern muffins more suited to breakfast, these savory Southwestern cornbreads will work best with your dinner dishes. Even better, you can adopt numerous methods during cooking: high-quality air fryers are a common example!
So how to make delicious air fryer cornbread muffins? Keep scrolling for pleasant surprises.
Why Make Corn Muffins In An Air Fryer?
Why should you make them using this method? (Source: Flickr).
The reason is simple: most higher-end air fryers have impeccable heat dissipation and retention systems that will lend your cornbread muffins a consistent, extremely creamy texture. Not to mention, for those who only want to cook small batches, there’s no need to preheat the entire oven!
On another note, corn muffins are rarely served separately, often paired with other main courses. Cooking both the main and side dishes in the same air fryer will save you an insane amount of time.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Cornbread Muffins
Thankfully, this recipe is by no means demanding: it only requires nine ingredients, some of which might already be present in your homey kitchen! Here is the full list of what you need to prepare, including basic elements and measurements:
- Milk (1.5 cups)
- Cornmeal (1 cup)
- All-purpose flour (1 cup)
- Melted, salted butter (0.5 cups)
- Granulated sugar (3 tablespoons)
- Baking powder (2 teaspoons)
- Baking soda (1 teaspoon)
- Salt (1 teaspoon)
- Eggs (2 large ones)
How to Cook Cornbread Muffins in Air Fryer?
How to cook them (Source: Wiki).
Methods to make corn muffins are limitless, but we are certain beginners will fall in love with this one. It’s so easy and quick that you won’t spare a second glance at any other option!
Mix all ingredients in a big bowl, including eggs, salt, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, melted butter, cornmeal, and flour.
Scoop cornbread butter into several silicone cups and fill each almost full (about 3/4). Assess the air fryer size to determine how many batches you should divide them into. In normal cases, six muffins are expected to fit snugly into a 6-qt air fryer (basket style).
Put your muffin molds into the basket (or racks if your air fryer is oven-style). Cook them for about 10 minutes at 330°F or till these muffins turn golden brown.
Move them to the dishes and enjoy!
Extra Tips for Success:
Seasoned cooks probably don’t need our extra tricks; you can just follow the guides above or experiment with them in any way you prefer! On the other hand, less-experienced readers (especially first-timers) will certainly appreciate some of these simple tips:
- Avoid overmixing the batter; otherwise, your cornbread muffins will turn out dense and dry. The mixture should be just right to guarantee everything is well incorporated, leaving no room for dry pockets.
- Scoop your batter using spring-loaded, standard-sized ice cream scoops. They make it much easier for inexperienced people to scoop the recommended amount for each go.
- Do not use standard muffin pans; we recommend silicone cups instead, as their small sizes will better fit your air fryer baskets or oven-style racks.
- Choose muffin molds carefully. The best options should be made for air fryer fits, easy to remove and clean. Most importantly, always grease them before filling; you can do so with coconut oil, vegetable oil, room-temp butter, or cooking spray.
- Never fill the molds to the brim. Only about half or three-quarters is enough – since these muffins will gradually rise during the cooking process anyway.
- Since no air fryers have the same cooking rate, do not forget to check the early sides of your muffin batches. Insert a toothpick into the middle to confirm their doneness.
- Are you one of those who hate ingredient gathering and measuring? Then using cornbread mixes is a great idea.
How to Reheat Cornbread Muffins in Air Fryer?
Ovens, stoves, microwaves, etc., are other popular alternatives for reheating cornbread muffins, but the air-fryer method is still our ultimate choice at the end of the day. It barely takes any time while still delivering exceptional results!
Step 1. Preheat your air fryer for five to six minutes. After that, put the muffins in non-stick silicone molds and slot them into your air fryer.
Step 2. Leave these cornbread muffins for 15 minutes (maximum). And although it’s optional, we suggest checking the batch every few minutes to ensure no drying or burning issues can occur.
- Most air fryers do not work great for drizzled cornbreads with liquid topping. Let’s say you have poured some syrup on the muffins before storing them in freezers or fridges; the air fryers will probably burn down all those liquids, ruining your dishes!
- What is the best reheating method without getting the muffins dried out? Simple: place some moist paper around them before heating. You may also reduce the dryness levels by covering these muffins in butter.
What to Serve With Cornbread Muffins?
You can eat them with poached eggs (Source: Wiki).
These air-fryer muffins will easily complement famous dishes like Hominy Chili, Corn and Chicken Chowder, Pot Ribs, or even BBQs, treating you to an unforgettable cuisine experience!
Enjoying them with eggs is also amazing. You can slice half the muffins, using them as a substitute for English muffins (do not mistake them for crumpets!) in your eggs benedict.
Other options are to serve them with honey butter (ex: Jalapeno ones) or whip some quick batches for afternoon snacks. Your taste, your choice!
How to Store Air Fryer Cornbread?
Once the corn muffins are properly processed in the fryer, we suggest storing them in airtight containers for three days (maximum) at room temp.
Also, people desiring longer storage may freeze their leftover cornbread in resealable plastic bags for three months or more. When the time of need comes, thaw these muffins at room temp, then heat them with air fryers or ovens before serving.
- Beef Short Ribs Air Fryer Recipe: Easy And Delicious - February 26, 2023
- How To Cook Totino’s Pizza Rolls In Air Fryer? - February 26, 2023
- Tyson Chicken Fries Air Fryer – A Crispy Snack - February 25, 2023