As an Amazon Associate, CookGator earn from qualifying purchases.
Eggo are a brand of frozen waffles that come in a variety of flavors, including buttermilk, blueberry, chocolate, and cinnamon. But do you know that air fryer Eggo waffles are a popular breakfast or snack choice that can be easily prepared and even boost the flavor?
Cooking them in an air fryer brings out a crispy exterior while still fluffy inside without needing any oil. Eager for the recipe? Let’s follow us for more details.
All About Eggo Frozen Waffles
Eggo Frozen Waffles are a popular-frozen breakfast food that can be cooked quickly and easily. One Eggo box of 1.85 pounds contains 24 waffles.
The main ingredient is paste or dough. You can use a toaster, oven, or even air fryer to cook these waffles.
According to My Fitness Pal, each Eggo Waffle serves you:
Besides, Eggo Waffles are rich in vitamins and minerals: calcium carbonate, iron, vitamin A palmitate, vitamin B6, and vitamin B12.
Eggo Waffles are made with main ingredients such as enriched flour (including wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, and folic acid).
The formula also contains water, vegetable oil (including soybean, palm, canola/cottonseed), sugar, and leavening.
You can notice salt (less than 2%), spice, whey, eggs, and soy lecithin in the ingredient profile, too.
What Is The Best Way To Cook Eggo Waffles?
We do believe air frying yields the best result, and it won’t take more than 8 minutes for a breakfast, though using a toaster might be a bit faster.
The best thing about air frying here is that the grids will not be that crunchy or burning like you throw the waffles in a toaster.
In fact, we, busy bees, usually turn to this way to have a merely grab-and-go breakfast every morning. And its taste recalls a touch of toasted bread with crispy grids and buttery aroma, perfectly paired with some honey.
Below are some of the other ways to cook Eggo waffles:
- Toaster: It is a common and quick way to cook this frozen breakfast. Spread a layer of butter on the cake before toasting, then pop them in the toaster and cook for around 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Microwave: If you are short on time, you can also cook Eggo waffles in the microwave. Place them on a microwave-safe plate and cook them for around 30 to 45 seconds.
- Oven: For a crispy texture, you can cook waffles in the oven. Preheat the oven to 375 °F (190 °C) and place the waffles on the oven rack. It’s best to bake it for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Pan-fry: If you only want a bit crisp without being too dry, you can pan-fry Eggo waffles. Heat a small amount of butter or oil in a non-stick pan and cook the waffles on medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Waffle Iron: You need to preheat the iron, place the waffle in the mold, and bake until the iron indicates the waffle is done.
How To Cook Eggo Waffles In Air Fryer?
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to cook Eggo Waffles air fryer – our most well-favored way:
Step 1: Preheat your air fryer to 360 °F (182 °C) for around 5 minutes. While the air fryer is preheating, you should remove the Eggo waffles from their packaging and separate them.
Step 2: Spread the Eggo waffles in a single layer in the air fryer basket. You shouldn’t place too many waffles in the basket because this may hinder even cooking.
Step 3: Cook the waffles in the air fryer for around 4 to 5 mins. You need to flip them over after 2–3 mins for a uniform doneness.
Step 4: When they reach your desired level of crispiness, remove them from the air fryer using tongs or a spatula.
Step 5: You can serve them with your favorite toppings, such as butter, syrup, cream, or fruit.
Step 6: If you have more waffles to cook, repeat the above steps until you are done. When you finish, turn off the fryer and let it cool before washing.
You should note that the cooking time may vary depending on the fryer’s brand and the level of crispiness you want.
It’s best to read the manufacturer’s instructions for the fryer brand before cooking waffles. We recommend starting with 4 minutes and adjusting the time if you want.
Kellogg’s Eggos In Air Fryer FAQs
How Long Do You Cook Frozen Eggo Waffles?
The cooking time for frozen Eggo waffles can vary depending on the wattage of your toaster and how crispy you like your waffles. Typically, a microwave can cook a waffle the fastest, about 30 to 45 seconds.
If you use a pan-fry, the cooking time will be 2 to 3 minutes, 4 to 5 mins for an air fryer, and 5 to 7 minutes for an oven. It takes 1 to 2 minutes on the highest setting in a toaster to cook frozen Eggo waffles to a golden-brown finish.
What Temperature Do You Fry Eggo Waffles?
The recommended temperature for cooking Eggo waffles is not the same with different cooking appliances. However, a common temperature range for cooking Eggo waffles is between 350 and 375 degrees Fahrenheit (175 to 190 degrees Celsius).
How Do You Cook Frozen Eggo Waffles Without A Toaster?
You can cook Eggo Waffles in air fryer, oven, microwave, air fryer, pan fry, grill, or waffle iron. The cooking time may vary by waffle maker.
- Beef Short Ribs Air Fryer Recipe: Easy And Delicious - February 26, 2023
- How To Cook Totino’s Pizza Rolls In Air Fryer? - February 26, 2023
- Tyson Chicken Fries Air Fryer – A Crispy Snack - February 25, 2023