Choosing an affordable air fry oven that satisfies your needs is not easy. Ninja SP101 vs SP201 vs SP301 comparison and review will help you solve this issue.
If you are interested in multi-functioned kitchen machines, you must have heard of the Ninja foodi air fry ovens. The series has three products that mostly gain good feedback from users.
It doesn’t matter if you are familiar with the brand; Ninja SP101 vs SP201 vs SP301 comparison and review can be useful for you in choosing a product that can assist you in your master chef dream.
The series is well-known for its saving-space design; you can fold it away when it’s not needed. The three flip-away toaster ovens are somehow similar, but there are still some improvements in the latter versions compared to the previous ones.
Let’s find out what makes them different!
Cooking with the air fry oven – Image source: pixabay
Ninja SP101 vs SP201 vs SP301 Comparison Chart
Ninja SP101 – Image source: amazon
|Ninja SP101||Ninja SP201||Ninja SP301|
|Oven’s name||Ninja Foodi Digital Air Fry Oven||Ninja Foodi Digital Air Fry Oven Pro||Ninja Foodi Dual Heat Air Fry Oven|
|Functions||8 cooking functions: air fry, bagel, air roast, toast, bake, dehydrate, air broil, and keep warm.||8 cooking functions like the SP101||13 cooking functions: air fry, bagel, air roast, toast, bake, rapid bake, dehydrate, broil, frozen pizza, fresh pizza, sear crisp, griddle, and reheat|
|Dimensions||19.7″ x 15.1″ x 7.5″||20.21″ x 15.33″ x 8.15″||20.21″ x 15.33″ x 8.15″|
|Weight||18.56 pounds||21.1 pounds||21.27 pounds|
|Maximum temperature||450 degrees Fahrenheit||450 degrees Fahrenheit||500 degrees Fahrenheit|
|Dual heat mode||No.||No.||Yes. The mode allows the oven to heat up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. The cyclonic air works at a fast speed, delivering crisp and sear food at the same time|
|Wattage power||The cooking speed is fast thanks to the 1800-watt power core||Uses the same 1800 wattage power||Uses the same 1800 wattage power|
|The nonstick sear plate included||No. Only regular sheet pan||No. Only regular sheet pan||Yes|
|Other utensils included||Air fry basket, wire rack & removable crumb tray.||Air fry basket, wire rack & removable crumb tray.||Air fry basket, wire rack & removable crumb tray.|
|Capacity||It can hold up six chicken breasts, a 13-inch pizza, and toast nine slices.||XL family size allows it to air fry and roast up to 4 lbs of food, toast nine slices of bread, and bake 13-inch pizza.||It has XL capacity, which can fit 2 lbs roast, six chicken breasts, and air fry 4lbs of food.|
|Price||Check latest price||Check latest price||Check latest price|
Ninja SP101 vs SP201: Key difference
The SP101 and SP201 are very similar. Both have eight basic cooking programs: air fry, bagel, air roast, toast, bake, dehydrate, air broil, and keep warm.
When you order, it will come in the set with the oven and other same support utensils.
The biggest difference between these two siblings is their appearance and capacity. The SP101 is slightly smaller and lighter, while the SP201 is bigger and (~3 pounds) heavier.
The former takes less space while using, but they both take up 45% less space when flipping up and storing.
The increase in height means that the latter has more capability to serve. It’s possible for the SP201 to handle 4lbs of ingredients, allowing you to cook for more people at the same time.
It can also fit a full 2-lb-roast. Also, since the SP101 is the older model, the price can be slightly cheaper.
Ninja SP201 vs SP301: Key difference
The Ninja SP201 and SP301 are both dialed-down versions. SP201 is considered a middle class between the classic SP101 and the newest SP 301.
It also has eight programs like the previous one, but contains a bigger capacity.
Although SP201 and SP301 share the same volume and can roast large portions of meat, a medium-sized turkey is not ideal for putting inside the SP201.
Possessing two modes (air oven and dual heat) offers SP301 more heat and cooking options (13 vs 8), especially amazing for some food that requires crispy outside but juicy inside.
The convection fan and nonstick sear plate also set the two models apart. The food is cooked faster and more evenly with SP301; thus, it helps you save time and energy.
Moreover, you can see the improved user interface of the SP301 machine.
Taking all comments from users of SP201 before, the brand is making its product close to flawless.
Although there are two modes, the interface is intuitive, so customers don’t have difficulty in understanding and using the system.
Plus, its appearance is more polished, preferred by most of the users.
Ninja SP301 – Image source: Amazon
Ninja SP301 vs SP101: Key difference
When you compare Ninja SP101 vs SP201 vs SP301, you can see the brand has made a great development from its first to its latest product.
The SP301 or Ninja Foodi Dual Heat Air Fry Oven is an updated version that delivers more height. It means the oven has more vertical space, especially when compared to the SP101.
The limited size of the SP101 may cause you to struggle with cooking a big meal for the whole family.
However, SP301, with its huge capacity, which can hold up to 4 lbs of food, you don’t need to worry about it anymore. A sheet pen design is added and operates as a piece of cooking equipment.
The most noticeable difference between these two Ninja products is how many types of cooking styles they can provide.
Five more cooking modes are added to the SP301, allowing users to cook various recipes.
The crisp sear function is the biggest upgrade. Thanks to the dual heat technology, the oven can be heated up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit, which is very useful in fast baking crisp edge pizza.
Since in the SP101, the small fan is located only on one side, you need to rotate or intervene in its cooking process.
Meanwhile, in the SP301, the hot air is spread to make the food done evenly.
Ninja SP301 Dual Heat 13-in-1 Air Fry Pros & Cons
- There are 13 functions in total, rendering you free to create any dish you wish.
- Dual heat technology is the highlight of the oven. You’ll have a better cooking experience, especially when it comes to sear crisp.
- Its huge capacity can satisfy any crowded family at one time.
- The cooking time is 65% faster than a full-size oven, and the 60-second preheat is quicker than the traditional one.
- BPA-free, easy to wash and maintain.
- A mid-range budget oven, compared to other brands, but can still be unaffordable for some customers.
- The air fryer basket and wire rack are not recommended for dishwashers, even though it’s said to be safe.
- There is no integrated thermometer, and it can be a bit noisy.
Ninja SP201 Digital Air Fry Pro 8-in-1 – Pros & Cons
- It’s a budget-friendly oven that offers eight basic functions. It’s totally enough for your daily requirement.
- The flip-up space-saving design helps you save 45% space when it’s not in use.
- Its capacity is acceptable for this model. It can bake a 13-inch pizza and air fryer 4 lbs of ingredients.
- You can select the darkness for toast and bagels, so you can have them done the way you prefer.
- Quick heat-up mode is available.
- Roasting a whole chicken can be a struggle to it due to its size
- The normal sheet pan is included instead of a nonstick searing plate.
- There’s no smart thermometer.
Ninja SP101 Digital Air Fry 8-in-1 – Pros & Cons
- Only two rack cooking levels are available, which can help you make full use of the bottom one (in case you don’t toast or air fry).
- You can find several cooking tips in the quick start guide to properly use and maximize all eight cooking modes.
- Easy to clean
- The smart system will display “Flip” on the timer to tell you that it’s cool down and ready for washing or storing.
- A recipe book comes with the purchase.
- Its small capacity makes it not ideal for large portions of protein.
- You have to turn the food to have them done evenly.
- The side’s fan is too small.
We hope our Ninja SP101 vs SP201 vs SP301 comparison and review is a helpful guide for you before making the final decision. Each flip-away space-saving oven has its pros and cons, but in general, many users are satisfied with its performance.
It mainly depends on your need and budget to decide which one you should go for. The mid-range budget is SP201, with more capacity than the SP101.
SP101 offers an affordable price, so if you don’t need to cook a lot at once and don’t mind its limited functions, it can be an ideal option.
The most modern one is SP301, which has thirteen functions that can cook large portions. Should you usually need to cook a lot or want to explore different recipes, the product is suitable for you.