If you talk about chicken wings, you only think of how to bake in an oven or use a charcoal stove. But now, with the advent of many smart kitchen devices such as air fryers, this dish has been neatly processed within just a few minutes.
Moreover, the taste is equally delicious, and the fat is not too much, solving the problem of women’s fear of weight gain and obesity. This article will show you how to cook chicken wings in air fryer – crispy and easy recipes.
Why Should You Use An Air Fryer For Chicken Wings Recipes?
- Crispy, delicious grilled chicken wings: The oil-free fryer is sealed on all 4 sides, so the temperature in the pot is always maintained at a stable level. Combined with the smart technology of Rapid Air, the chicken wings will be evenly cooked, with crispy skin and very little burnt.
Moreover, because there is only a light layer of grease on the stencil lining the bottom of the pot, the amount of fat when baking is not too much, when you eat it, you will feel the sweet and smooth taste, not the greasy, stale taste like other fried and grilled dishes.
- Ensure health for the whole family: Everyone knows that eating burnt meat harms health. In an oil-free fryer, the chicken wings are cooked evenly, without burning edges or corners, so they will keep the most fully cooked golden brown for the whole family to enjoy.
- Easy to clean: Grease stains are always a challenge for women in kitchen cleaning. The air fryer only uses a thin layer of fat, so it won’t take too much time and effort.
How To Grill Chicken Wings In An Air Fryer
- 500 gr chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- Ginger powder
- Five-spice powder
- Cashew oil and a few common spices, such as seasoning
Steps To Grill Chicken Wings
Preliminary Preparation Of Chicken Wings
After buying chicken wings, wash them and put them in a bowl of hot water dissolved with salt. You wait for about 5 minutes and then use a razor to remove all the grease and dirt on the chicken skin.
After that, continue to rinse with water, drain, and then use a knife or fork to skewer the chicken so that the chicken can absorb the spices. In addition, to prepare clean chicken and remove odors completely, you can do the following:
- When the chicken has been rubbed with salt, use a mixture of sliced ginger and wine, rubbing and squeezing the chicken wings again to remove odors and dirt.
- Or you can also use lemon in water and soak chicken wings in it for about 15-20 minutes, then take it out, rinse with cold water, and drain.
Marinate Chicken Wings
You take 2 teaspoons of minced garlic, 1 teaspoon of seasoning, 1 teaspoon of sugar, 1 teaspoon of minced shallot, 1/2 teaspoon of ginger powder, 1/2 tsp of salt, 2 teaspoons of cashew oil, 1 teaspoon of five spice powder, mix well. Then put the chicken wings inside and mix again. After that, wait for the chicken to marinate for about 1-2 hours.
Grill Chicken Wings
Before baking, preheat the fryer to 350°F for 15 minutes. After lining the bottom of the air fryer with parchment paper:
- Put the chicken inside and bake at 350°F for 7 minutes.
- Remove the baking tray.
- Return to the chicken side.
- Bake for another 8 minutes.
- Turn off the pot.
- Remove chicken on a plate.
How To Cook Chicken Wings in Air Fryer?
- Chicken wings: 4-5 pieces
- Five-spice powder: 1.5 teaspoons
- Purple onion
- Other spices: salt, cooking oil, fish sauce, sugar, and pepper
Steps To Fry Chicken Wings
With this way of frying chicken wings in an oil-free fryer, I will choose a marinade with five spices, onions, garlic, and chili. If you don’t like it, you can marinate it according to your taste, for example, marinated satay, galangal, lemongrass, and chili.
After buying chicken wings, I will take them to wash and rub them with salt to eliminate odors. Next, I used a knife to cut a few diagonal lines on the chicken wings to help the marinade more easily penetrate into the chicken.
Garlic, red onion, and chili are washed, finely chopped, and put in a bowl; add 1.5 teaspoons of five spice powder, half a tsp of salt, 1 teaspoon of cooking oil, 1 teaspoon of fish sauce, 1.5 teaspoons of sugar, 1 teaspoon of pepper and mix well. Then add the chicken wings and marinate for about 1 hour.
Heat the air fryer, and after 10 minutes, add the chicken wings. A layer of foil should be placed on the bottom of the pot to prevent grease from flowing out, causing unsanitary. Before frying, use a food brush and brush the seasoning over the wings.
You fry the chicken wings twice, the first time set at 350 °F for 20 minutes. For the second time, choose a temperature of 300 degrees for 10 minutes. While making this way to fry chicken wings in an air fryer, you can open the pot to check that the chicken is golden brown as desired. If not, increase the heat and fry for a while.
Some Notices On Ingredients Before Processing
- To prevent the finished product from coming out as expected, you should brush a thin oil on the bottom of the fryer and then place the marinated chicken wings in.
- When setting the chicken grill mode, you should choose the right heat, so the chicken is cooked more evenly.
Air Fryer Chicken Wings FAQs
How long do you cook chicken wings in the air fryer?
This depends on the recipe and the temperature you set.
According to the 2 dishes that we shared above, the time for fried chicken wings is as follows:
– To Grill: total 15 min in 350 °F
– To air fry: Total 20- 30 min
With the two air fryer chicken wings recipes above, we hope you have had more new recipes to enrich your family’s menu. Each method brings flavor to you so that you can try it right now.